Disclosure: This is a sponsored post I was invited by StarKist to get a sneak peek of their new fall flavors. Opinions expressed are 100% my own.
Without hesitation my kids will readily admit that I am not the cook in our house. If I walk into the kitchen at any given moment my one dimpled - smirking 4 year old will turn to me and say "Mommy why are you in daddy's kitchen? You don't know how to cook, you only cook coffee!"
He's exaggerating just a bit. In my head I'm a millennial aged Julia Child but in reality I'm only good at making meatloaf, homemade pizza and pasta dishes. When left to my own devices in the kitchen, I try to prepare meals that are light, filling and won't cause food poisoning.
As a kid I grew up eating tuna, especially in the spring and summertime because meat just seemed too heavy to digest. My mom knew how to make it just how I liked it, a little salt and pepper, diced onions and add a hard boiled egg.YUM!
Recently I attended a press preview for Starkist Tuna and I was in heaven.. three words "Sassy Deviled Eggs", wait I meant to say "Brand New Flavors". While mingling and taste testing we learned all about the new &affordable, easy to make product line.
All Products Are:
· A natural source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids.
· Already pre-seasoned and comes in the easy tear-open pouch design.
· No mixing or draining required.
StarKist Hot Buffalo Creations:
· Tuna to fulfill your spicy cravings with the new hot buffalo flavor.
o 70 calories
o 15g of protein
· Looking at food trends, StarKist discovered that hot sauce is the fastest growing condiment in the U.S. , with an average annual revenue growth that surpasses BBQ, ketchup, mayonnaise, and mustard combined.
StarKist Kid’s Creations:
· A better-for-you meal that tastes great and kids will want to eat.
· Available in two kid-friendly flavors – Bacon Ranch and Honey BBQ
o 100 calories or less
o 14g of protein to keep kids full
o 95-110mg of DHA Omgea-3 Fatty Acids to help with brain development
· With child obesity still on the rise StarKist new moms were looking for healthier options for their kids, something that they could serve their kids at home and could be taken to school for lunch or snack time.
StarKist Salmon Creations:
· Using premium skinless, boneless and 100 percent wild caught salmon.
· Available in Lemon Dill and Mango Chipotle flavors.
o 90 calories or less
o 14g of protein or less
· While tunas popularity continues to grow, salmon is growing even faster. Consumers were looking for an convenient to enjoy salmon that still has a fresh taste. StarKist Salmon Creations line provides a healthy and delicious meal option for salmon lovers with busy lifestyles
We were presented really fun and out of the box creative dishes, with Starkist Tuna in sliders, on top of pretzels, in mini tacos and my favorite: a deviled egg! The unique new line was really tasty and flavorful but definitely not overbearing.
Guests really enjoyed themselves with a pretty amazing digital caricature "Cartuna" station, DIY station and pictures with Charlie.
The Hungry Girl, Lisa Lillien who's a best selling author and Food Network star was on hand to give us a sneak peak of her new book The Hungry Girl Diet Cookbook: Healthy Recipes for Mix-n-Match Meals & Snacks.
As soon I got home I decided to add the Herb and Garlic Starkist Tuna Creations to a pasta salad I had already made to kick it up a notch. I don't have a recipe or anything for the dish above, because that just isn't my style but I swear to you if you can boil water then this can't get any easier.
- Bring water to a boil, add salt, olive oil and pasta of choice, after it's cooked then drain.
- Cut up black olives, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella and mix with pasta
- Add Italian dressing and then salt and pepper to taste
- Finally mix in your Tuna Creations flavor of choice.
How do you like your tuna?Bon Appetite & keep an eye out for the new line of flavors from Starkist!
Wow! I am so excited about the new line of healthy starkist tuna and salmon. I eat one of the two every single day for lunch so this is really exciting news for me! Thanks :-)ReplyDelete
I love tuna salad. I also love tuna noodle bake! Yum!ReplyDelete
Yum! What an adventure for you. I can't say I'm not a little jealous. I am a cook and goodness when I am stressed I can cook a buffet haha. I can't wait to try the new Tuna's but I'm especially fond of creating my own masterpieces.ReplyDelete
This looks so delicious!!! Thank you for sharing the recipe!! I'm hungry for lunch and I may just have to try this!!!ReplyDelete
Oh, I can't wait to try these new flavors out! I love tuna, it makes for such an easy snack or meal on those days when I don't want to put a lot of effort into cooking. And I love that it's a healthy source of protein too!ReplyDelete
What a great event for a day! It looks everyone enjoy it. My family is huge in tuna and I like any style of cooking but my favourite is grill most of the time.ReplyDelete
Sounds like you had fun. The picture of you and the giant tuna cracked me up, that's great! I l love Tuna Fish and making a salad with it is one of my favorite ways to eat it. I am going to have to try this recipe too, it sounds amazing!ReplyDelete
This sounds amazing and super easy to make. I am always looking for easy summer salads to make. I will add this list to try.ReplyDelete
Tuna is one of those foods that I either love or hate! When I do crave tuna, I love a tuna with some melted cheese on toast. Fresh tuna grilled is delicious as well! It is such a great food to eat and healthy for you.ReplyDelete