For generations, it has been said that Brooklynites have been “born into baseball.” This summer, that term may be more literal than ever before. On , the Brooklyn Cyclones are hosting Bellies & Baseball: A Salute to Pregnancy, and inviting expectant parents to participate in a variety of themed activities throughout that afternoon’s game.
It's Throwback Thursday and I'm having a serious mommy moment as I get teary eyed over the photo above of my girlfriend Rachel and I who attended our first Bellies and Baseball event almost 5 years ago, she with her daughter and me with my littlest monster who has a birthday coming up in a little over a month. The hubby will never, ever, ever let me forget that day because it was the day I passed up on lifetime season passes for the entire family by deciding not to name Tristan after the team. We had already picked out the name in the first trimester and had been referring to the monster as such, so I was sort of attached.
Mike Insisted that we could name him Brooklyn or Cy and we even took votes on Facebook, which shockingly was split down the middle by keeping Tristan and naming him either of the other two. But of course Mama's vote trumps everything!Nonetheless we had a blast and so will all the families in attendance this weekend and during any upcoming game.
Here’s a look at what those who are expecting, should expect:
- Craving Station: A table on the Concourse level will offer pickles, ice cream, anchovy pizza, etc. for pregnant women who are craving a little more than the usual ball park hot dogs and chicken tenders.
- 7th Inning Stretch Marks: Pregnant women will be allowed onto the field in the 7th inning to sing Take Me Out to the Ballgame
- Pregnancy Pitch: Any woman in her third trimester gets to throw out a ceremonial first pitch before the game
- Trimester Tricycles: Bike race pitting expectant fathers against each other during this in between innings contest
- Stroller Valet Parking: Drop your stroller off at the information table near section nine and one of our valets will be sure to keep an eye on it for you.
- Daddy Diapers: Dad’s will show that this whole parenting thing isn’t so tough as they compete to change diapers…blindfolded.
- Pre-Game Family Catch: Bring the whole family to the ballpark early because starting at fans will be invited onto the field to have a pre-game catch.
- Post-Game Kids Run the Bases: After the game, all children in attendance, even those still hanging out in mom’s belly, will be able to run the bases.
Tickets start at just $10 and are on sale now by calling 718-507-TIXX, logging on to BrooklynCyclones.com or in person at the MCU Park Box Office. Hope to see you there!