The "Itch", baby fever, whatever you want to call it - I'm suffering from a bad case of it and have been dreaming about having baby #3 for a few months now. For the last 2 or 3 years, so had the hubby but I think that shipped has sailed as he keeps telling me to look for a cute dog! Clearly we aren't on the same page now, but that didn't stop me from wanting to check out the trendiest and most popular must haves and essentials for baby and expecting parents at the 35th annual Biggest Baby Shower at the Metropolitan Pavilion earlier this month here in NYC.
Disclosure: I was invited to cover this event as media, and was provided a gift bag. No other compensation was received and opinion expressed are all my own.
Navigating pregnancy and parenting whether for the 2nd time or the 3rd is no easy feat, along with all the excitement and gushing over your growing bump comes a slew of questions you'll want answered by the experts, and the need to know what gadgets, gizmos and baby gear to get to make life easier for you and the baby through every stage. Although I have two lil' monsters ages five and eleven, I had never attended Big City Moms Biggest Baby Shower until this year but can tell you it's an exciting and informative experience for those expecting to attend with their friends and family.
Having gone to a few other baby shows over the years I've got to tell ya the crowd that showed up that evening were super enthusiastic about being there and were all smiles from start to finish. Throughout the evening guests were able to mingle, check out the tables & demos of over 100 companies, enter to win prizes, indulge in sweets and pampering & listen in on valuable advice from the trusted and well known pros.
If you stop by the site in search of anything baby, you'll start to get some of the latest scoop from my new contributing writer and sissy Nicole, who's a new mommy to my one month old nephew baby Q. Together we perused from one brand to the next to bring you guys our top picks that we know you'd all love.
1.Without a doubt the Doona is an innovative miracle that simplifies life and makes every mama that ever walked this earth or driven from one place to the next (especially here in the 5 boroughs) bow down in praise because it makes juggling baby and gear seem so easy.
2. I'm all for chic baby gear and the Rachel Zoe X Maxi Cosi collaboration of car seats and strollers channels the iconic stylist's fabulous, luxurious taste. This collection (to the right) is simply beautiful and swoon worthy, not to mention will be the great quality you'd expect from both brands.
3. The Ergo Adapt Carrier definitely peeked my interest because this latest version will hold baby snuggled to you from newborn (starting at 7lbs) with no infant insert needed, and has 3 ergonomic carry positions.
4. Beautiful woven textiles are what Tula's ring slings are made from. Their fun and vibrant printed carriers are fast and easy to put on so that both caregiver and baby are comfortable and happy.
5. Barley and Oats is one of those brands I wish were around when I was pregnant and nursing nearly 12 years ago because the concept of a maternal health delivery service is simply genius and the food absolutely tasty.
6. Happy Family helps you introduce nutritious foods and treats to your littles with a well known and trusted line of organic fruits and veggies.
7. With a new baby, quality sleep is so important and the Newton Crib Mattress is one of the best of the best. Being highly recommended by pediatricians, it's breathable, washable and recyclable.
8. From the start we co-slept with our babies and shockingly they still love to now, but that may not be an option for everyone and the Halo Bassinet makes a great middle ground between your bed and the crib. Being able to rotate and swivel 360 degrees and the side wall lowering makes it that much easier to tend to the baby who can still be close by. It's perfect for small spaces and something I would have loved to have after my c-section with our second child.
9. Keep an eye on your littles with the new Project Nursery Deluxe Baby Monitor System which comes with a stationary monitor and one that can be carried along. While your busy juggling all the things us parentals do you can rest easy knowing this sleek system has a watchful eye over your bundle of joy with the capability to tilt and zoom with a range of 800 ft.
10. One thing I regret was not capturing more of my pregnancy on camera/ through video and Jessa Flynn productions had me swooning at all the beautiful imagery she has created with 1-5 minute videos from pregnancy on because we all know our babes just grow up so darn quickly. The way she creates these beautiful stories and captures each one so uniquely make for long -lasting, cherished memories
Have you spotted a few picks that you know you want added to your baby shower registry? Tell us in the comments below!
A special thank you to Big City Moms for having us and for these amazing photos!