We all know how hard it can be to pull the kids away from their precious screen time, especially during summer vacation. I'm sure if you haven't eliminated screen time entirely you are often questioning how much game play your children should have. Over the vacation we've allowed the boys to play 3 days a week, for a a max of 2 hours or so to avoid them becoming zombies. I'll admit, since I work from home that there are moments where the Xbox and Playstation are lifesavers because I just need the boys to be quiet for a chunk of time. Not to say it lasts long because it's guaranteed there will be an argument over a controller or something. This summer we were recently introduced to Beyond Tablet which is the first tablet of it's kind that has no display screen and incorporates blocks, cards and figures for variations of educational, hands on play for the entire family.
We're big fans of card and board games, our favorites include Monopoly & Uno and you can often find Pokemon cards scattered across the hallways. Beyond Tablet is a pretty cool, electronic board game that enables the entire family to engage in interactive game play & encourages memory discipline and enhances cognitive flexibility.
The Tablet's "brain" has a surface that is able to sense and interact with the games to make for a more physically involved experience. The kids were amazed that the tablet was able to give them audio feedback as they played, which helped them to understand the objective/rules of the game.
Powerful multi-touch capabilities for smooth gaming and playing
- Beyond tablet has 324 independent touch points.
- Each and every touch point is pressure sensitive – the strength of your press will have an influence on how the game is played.
- Beyond Tablet can detect and recognize physical objects such as cards, blocks and figurines.
- Beyond Tablet can also detect if you touch an object on the touch surface – you can interact with objects on the tablet and it will know about it.
- WIFI connectivity with automatic system updates and game data uploads
- MIDI sequencing with the ability to turn capacitive touch data into music
- Bluetooth connectivity that works with Beyond Tablet accessories
- LED lights covering the surface of the tablet that provides visual feedback
- Audio input and output
Watch the video down below for a look at what it does.
The Beyond Tablet Basic Package comes with 5 games:
- Yes or No
- Happy Circus
- Happy Tunes
- Play Do Re Mi
- Tong Tong Cha
and there are additional games that can be purchased separately
Hands down my two lil' monsters loved playing Elemencery which is a 1 vs. 1 card game that reminded them of Pokemon except it features MONSTERS!!
Every monster has different strengths and weaknesses and can be summoned to fight against opponents. To add to the strategic element of the game, each tile of the battlefield also has unique attributes. Players fight to control the tiles on the battlefield. The player that first occupies 5 tiles on the battlefield wins the game. Through Beyond Tablet, "Elemencery" provides powerful interactive features to strengthen a child’s logical thinking.
As a former educator and parent It was great to see everyone working together, laughing, and chatting while trying out the new games. Sound fun? Learn more about Beyond Tablet.
What do you look for when searching for ways to engage the entire family at home?